Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year - New Blog

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." - Rumi



Happy New Year, everyone! Welcome to my new corner of the internet. I am Erin Schechtman - professional illustrator and product designer by day; art teacher and fine artist extraordinaire by night.

2011 was an important year for me for a number of reasons. This was the year that I started teaching, joined an inspiring art club, and created bodies of work for 3 shows. Through these experiences and others, I have learned a lot about myself and how I make art. Part of that is the discovery that I need to share those lessons.

So, without further ado, I am thrilled to introduce you to my brand new blog, Erin in ArtLand.

This will be my attempt to catalog all of my teaching tools, artistic insights, successes and failings, and the general joy (and often misery) of creating. I LOVE what I do and its time to tell everyone.

In this blog, we will get into the nitty gritty of technical art skills, but we'll also talk about the emotional roller-coaster we jumped when we decided to become artists. I might not post everyday, but expect to see something from me at least once a week. Please join me on this crazy, crazy journey.

Anyway, I'll be seeing you soon - I've got a painting to finish first.

No comments:

Post a Comment